Monday, August 30, 2010

Sundial


This sundial lives in one of my most favourite places in New York City- the Shakespeare Garden in Central Park.  Why is it my favourite?  The flowers are stunning, and everywhere.  The beds are completely filled in with different kinds of wildflowers and such.  

If you've been reading this blog for a little while now (by the way, thank you for that!  and hi!) you probably will have noticed that I adore flowers.  They are kind of a big deal to me.  Being among flowers immediately brightens my mood and my general outlook on life... as well as brightening the screen of my digital camera as I whip it out to take utterly necessary photographs of every flower I see.  So, for you all to be seeing a photograph of a statue instead of flowers from one of my favourite gardens, I must have liked it.  

Sundials are rather rad in general, but this one appealed to me specially.  The base is gorgeous, I just love the way that the different kinds of rocks are melded together in an almost mosaic-like fashion.  Cool stuff.  The top was striking as well, with tiny carvings all over it to help the passerby tell the time of day.  You can't really see them in this photograph, but I promise you that they are there. I hope you enjoy this photograph anyways :)
Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment