Friday, August 6, 2010

Music to a Woman's Ears

SALE.  It's fascinating how much joy that one word can ilicit.  I know that when I see it, my heart begins to pound, my palms get sweaty, my eyes get bigger, and a feeling of excitement courses through my veins until I can lay hands on a new piece of lovely clothing.  So that might be a slight exaggeration, but it's kind of intriguing how slight that exaggeration really is.  As a mostly reformed shopaholic, I actually adore the word sale, and all that it is connected to.  New stuff, mostly.  I like buying new stuff.  And I really do like the process of buying it, not just the owning of it.  Taking the new skirt home is nice, but digging through racks and racks to see if you can find that special something, then laying eyes, on the one print or fabric that catches your eye or your fingertips, taking it to the fitting room... bliss.  Utter bliss.

Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA

Like this?  Try taking a look at All You Need Is Love for another photograph that might evoke joy.

2 comments:

  1. I managed to get a pair of shorts, a t-shirt and a hat all for £24 the other day in a store I normally couldn't afford to shop in. I went home and bragged to everyone.

    Sales make me and my mother (who pays for the clothes) happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh wow that's a great deal!

    I'm the same way- I see that a shop I like is having a sale, and I just go crazy. Shopping is so fun, but when you get to take the clothes home and stay within budget... well, it's just a great day :D

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete