Monday, August 23, 2010

In the Fountain

Washington Square Park is reminiscent of a lot of things for me, but mostly, I remember it before it got redone.  Granted, I do believe that it looks much nicer now, the memory of its former bedraggled charm is certainly a pleasant one.  I'd walk past the fountain on my way to class, or watch the rats run around it in circles at night.  Now, there don't seem to be any rats, which is definitely a good thing.  People seem to swim in it more than they used to as well.  This woman was not swimming, she was just sitting at the edge of the fountain with her feet in the water.  Her dress and her hat went so well with the grey of the fountain, I just had to snap a photograph.

Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shot. I wish I had time to visit Washington Square Park when I was in the city last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Yeah, I like Washington Square an awful lot.

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete