Thursday, August 5, 2010

Milk & Cookies

And Ice Cream Sandwiches!  Wow, it was really hot on the day that I took this photograph, and ice cream sandwiches sounded like the best idea ever to my brain.  My waistline and wallet thought otherwise, however, and I went without.  I did not go without a photograph of this excellent chalkboard street sign though.  That would have not been okay.  I love chalkboard ads- they are so endearing in so many ways.  A coffee shop with the choices written on a chalkboard has so much more character than one with everthing just typed out.  It seems so French to me, I'm not sure why, but I have it in my mind that the French use chalk boards a lot more than we do.  Maybe they just have nicer handwriting on their chalkboards.  I don't know. I like these ones that I saw in the East Village.

Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA

Like this?  Try out Fairy Tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment