Friday, August 6, 2010

Peaches

I love walking through the Union Square Greenmarket.  The food always looks so delectable, even at the end of a day of sitting out in the sunshine, when they are cleaning up.  Every once in a while I will indulge in some of the beautiful fresh produce, but more often, I just take it all in, which is what I happened to be doing the day that I took this photograph.  I realized that it is not just chalkboard signs that I love- I love all handwritten signs.  It is the human handwriting that makes one feel so comfortable, that connection to the understanding of another person as expressed through their physical motion and a writing utensil rather than a machine, a printer. Immediately, it's more relatable, it makes us feel relaxed, and promotes fun.  The barista behind the coffee bar, or the guy working at the farm stand seems more like a person than an entity divided by the worker/ buyer relationship.  We eat some peaches, and all is well in the world.

Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA

Like this?  Take a look at another Union Square Greenmarket fruit photograph, Gala.

No comments:

Post a Comment