Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sittin in a Tree
















So, here are Danny, Rob, and me.  Hanging out in a tree in Prospect park on a cool November morning.  

It's times like these that I seriously think about whether I might have become a hipster.

I spend way too much of my time bashing on hipsters, how annoying they are, how ironic their ironicness has become, how they wear tooo much American Apparel, too many silly hats.... and then I go and do a shoot like this, and I start to question it.

What if... I am one?  The classic sign that you are a hispter is that you deny that you are one.  I deny that I am a hipster... if I start to claim that I am one, will it, by negation, cause me to not be one?  Is that how I can avoid this terrible fate?  Or, maybe I should just stop doing ironic photoshoots with my friends in Prospect Park.  But, I really don't think this is ironic.  I think it looks cool.  Maybe we look kind of cool too.  I'd like to think that.  Honestly, I think I look a bit chubby in these photos, but, ah well.   I had to wear a hat because my hair looked awful that day.  Boo hiss.

In any case, we had fun.  Which is what it's all about.

Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments: