Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hello Kitty

I generally hate Times Square.  Keeping a smile on my face is difficult in that area.  The tourists swarm and walk slower than molasses drips in winter.  I understand why- I walk all day long to get where I need to be, but most people in the world drive these car things to get places, and don't ever have to actually use their feet, so they are a bit out of shape.  And, many people don't encounter tall buildings or glaring neon lights on an every day basis either.  Hence, they walk slowly taking everything in.  This is wonderful for them, but when I have somewhere that I need to be, and a massive group of fanny-pack bedecked people in front of me are walking at the pace of a snail, I get perturbed.  However, I adore Hello Kitty.  There's this little girl in me somewhere, who still wants to cling onto pink, frilly, sparkly things and giggle at a sleepover while wearing bunny slippers.  That little girl comes out sometimes, especially when I come into contact with something Hello Kitty.  It may be immature, but I find it fun to allow myself a miniature freak-out every once in a while when I spy a Hello Kitty purse, cupcake, or toy.  So imagine my inexplicable joy when I saw a street performer dressed up as Hello Kitty in Times Square.  Suddenly, the entire experience of being int hat area seemed magical... and I felt like a tourist.  In a good way.  Now to go get my visor and my crocs...

Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA

Like this?  Take a look at Child's Play.

Just for clarification, that was a joke about the visor and crocs.

No comments:

Post a Comment