Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sunset

So, um, these photos are pretty old.  Rather ancient, as a matter of fact.  They were taken on the Fourth of July this past year, and I never shared them on this site.  Why?  They were on a misplaced memory card.  Whoops-a-daisy.  But, the sunset was just so lovely, that I felt I had to post them here.  The colours took my breath away, and I think I did a decent job of capturing them with digital magic.  I hope that you agree!

Ah, I'm dreaming of days in sundresses, watching the sun set at 9pm.  This winter is long, cold, and essentially just beginning.  It's the time for sweater tights, warm hats, and hot chocolates, not fourth of july tidings.  A year ago today, I was in Miami, soaking up the Florida rays.  Today, I'm freezing my butt of in New York like a champ.  I've accomplished so much in the past year, that I'm kind of impressed with myself.  I started a new career, added hours onto that career, signed up for martial arts school, and moved into a significantly nicer apartment.  It's been good.  Who knows what this summer will brings?  Toastier weather, of course, but what else?  I'm so excited to work towards making it the most wonderful one yet!

2011 was a nearly perfect year.  I see no reason that 2012 can't be even better.  Cheers to change!















Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shots Emily! Really like the silhouette ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Billy! I feel like this is material you would have gravitated towards too. The angles on his hat were just so exciting... :)

    ReplyDelete