Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lock it Up

Who knew that a bike lock could look so lovely?  These things are all over the city, saving people's bicycles from being taken away, or taken apart while they go about their business.  I've never thought extensivesly about bike locks.  They are one of those more simplistic things that you use if you need to, and they rest of the time, mostly take for granted.  This one in Chelsea had the sun glinting off of it, and fashionable women walking past- it caught my attention.

Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA

Like this?  Take a look at The Adventure.

2 comments:

  1. this reminds me of

    http://www.thousandandonewords.com/

    I think you are very insightful and lovely. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I hadn't seen that site before. I like it- there certainly are some similarities. Slightly different overall idea, I think, but it ends up to have a feel a lot like this site.

    Thank you so much for the kind compliment! I really appreciate it a lot.

    ReplyDelete