Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ooh Beads!

One of my favourite movies as a kid was Disney's Cinderella.  I watched it far too many times, and sang the songs from it constantly.  Driving my mother crazy was, in retrospect, apparently a preferred pastime of mine.  I digress.  In the film, Cinderella has many little friends who happen to be these charming mice.  The two main ones are named Jacques and Gus Gus.  Aw.  In one scene, the two of them find a bunch of pearls, and I cannot remember which one of them says it, but in a high, squeaky, shaky, excited mouse voice, whichever one it is screams "ooooooooh, beads!!"

I thought of that moment when I saw this lovely box full of beads in an antique store window.

New Canaan, Connecticut, USA

Like this? Take a look at A Little Something Special.

No comments:

Post a Comment