Monday, August 9, 2010

New England

Having lived in actual England, I can now understand why New England, in the United States, bears its name.  The architecture attempts to copy England, and it generally fails, but still looks rather lovely.  There is also an air of aristocracy about much of New England- like the class divisions present in English society exist in a similar structured manner here in the USA.  These divisions definitely do exist, but in New England, there seems to be a drive to show that they are old money, as it were.  Now, I don't mean that this is a bad thing at all.  As a matter of fact, I kind of like it.  I'm not a rich person at all, but seeing places filled with those who have lots of money and class is rather pleasant.  New Canaan seems to epitomize this rather well.

New Canaan, Connecticut, USA

Like this?  Try looking at In Bruges, I used a similar trick there...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,
    Nice to meet you here, you have a nice blog. Thanks for telling about yourself through the blog. Please keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!

    I'm glad that you enjoy it, and hope that you will continue to do so!

    ReplyDelete