Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Manchester United vs. AC Milan

HIYOOOOOOOOO

That was the resounding cry in the pub as Manchester United scored their second goal against AC Milan, gaining the winning advantage.

The only moment that was more epic that night was the third goal scored by Manchester United, which happened right after the first vamp of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing," which someone had ordered up on the jukebox.  It was a magical evening.

The Mancs ended up winning against the Italians, 3-2, but the important part was that I had a winning time.  It was my first televised football match while here in the UK, and I had the smarts to watch it at a pub.  Actually, my friend Kim invited me. I was glad that she did, because I had a blast.  The game was pretty epic, but the commentary from the various fans around the room was even more incredible.  The shouts of joy at brilliant plays, and groans at misses were resounding.  Amazing.

The pub itself was cute.  People I am friends with had been going there since week one, but I had not yet been.  It is called The Rocket, located just a few blocks away from St. Pancras Station.  It was a darling little pub, with a wednesday night one pound twenty five or more drink special, and cute little blackboards on almost every wall.  It was a perfect way to end Shrove Tuesday.

Here are some pictures from the bar:

 
 
 
  

Here is a photo from the game.   It's from telegraph.co.uk.

  

More importantly, here is the incredible baked good I had for dessert.  My last one for forty days...

 

I will miss it.  Hopefully, though, by the time I'm done. I will never want it again.  We shall see.
Once again, happy fat tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment