Monday, July 26, 2010

The Corner


At one entrance to Hampstead Heath, there is a beautiful old mansion, made of brick.  Apparently, at many of the entrances to the park there are old mansions, but this is the entrance from which I chose to enter, and I found this building to be particularly beautiful.  It threatened rain the entire day that I was at the Heath.  I kept fearing that I would have to bolt out of the park and find the nearest bus, that could take me remotely near where I lived in London.  However, by some beautiful twist of fate, it rained for about twenty minutes before I arrived, stopped, and held off until I got home.  I was so happy.  I had walked around a fairy tale park for hours under a cloudy sky.  What could be more magical?

Hampstead, London, England, UK

Love this?  Take a gander at Window to the Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment