Wednesday, July 21, 2010

After the Party

Once again, this photograph is from my day in Coney Island.  Sorry for the barrage of photos from there- it's just that there were so many interesting things to shoot.  Thousands of people, carnival rides, food, a beach, street performers, sea life... it was kind of an exciting day for me.  AND I was with friends who were encouraging my stopping to take photographs.  So, basically, I took five times more pictures that day than I usually do.  Which means that, a bunch of posts in a row are going to be from Coney Island.  I have a couple more after this one.

Anyways, the content of this shot really intrigued me.  A group of guys were cleaning up after a party on the pier.  They had bags of trash, empty coolers, big beach umbrellas, and a grocery cart full of recyclables.  It just looked so strange to see a brightly coloured grocery cart sitting there, but when I took a closer look at how the sunlight was reflecting off of the water bottles and beer cans, I realized that the sight was actually rather pretty.  I hope you think so too.

Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA

If you liked this photograph, I must be perfectly honest... I haven't really posted anything quite like this before.  So I don't have a stellar recommendation for you.  Thus, I shall recommend something random.  The Artist.  It's one of my favourites.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment