Friday, March 18, 2011

Inspiration Fridays: Amazing Actresses

I mention a lot on here that my actual job is working as an actor.  Well, I don't mention it a lot, because I try to keep my two arts separate a little bit.  Obviously they inform each other, but I don't want to be all over this blog screaming "oh hey!  look at me!  I'm an actress!" and all that.  It's such an odd profession to begin with, and when I tell people that's what I do, there are so many responses... The range is fantastic.  From "Oh... that's... interesting..." to "Is there any money in that?" to "WOW OMG ASDFGHJJKL!".  Yeah.  Just like that.

In any case, when it came to an inspiration post this week, I was feeling wayyy more inspired by the acting world than by anything else.  By far.  I'm feeling rather motivated right now.  So, here are some gorgeous photographs of some of my favourite living actresses.  I have way more than this, but these are some of the goodies.  


Fiona Shaw

Meryl Streep


Emma Thompson


Amy Adams

Helena Bonham Carter

Kristin Scott Thomas

 Harriet Walter

Juliette Binoche

Judi Dench

 Nicole Kidman

Cate Blanchett

Helen Mirren


It's interesting... I keep wracking my mind to think of more actresses I really admire who are young and American.  And, I'm just not coming up with any. There are quite a few who I think are good, and have incredible potential (cough cough Anne Hathaway cough cough), but none that I'd say I really, really admire right now.  I want to- trust me.  As a young American woman wanting to do meaty film and theatre, I'd like to see people like me making it. But, I don't really right now.  I hope that either more young American actresses step it up... or I get less picky and judgemental.  Preferably both.

Or, who knows?  Maybe, one day, I'll end up on one of these lists.

Emily Grace Buck

But, probably not.   I can dream, but not get a big head... right? 
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. It's so neat your an actress! I simply adore acting but I would never want to do it as a career. I LOVE Meryl Streep and Helena Bonham Carter! They're probably my favorite actresses.

    ReplyDelete