Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What Can You Do with 30 Minutes?

I thought about separating all of these photographs into multiple posts.  I did.  But, then, I said, "screw it," and put them in one post.  I have a stupid number of photographs from my digital camera to share with y'all, and many of them, like this bunch, are multiple monthes old.  I took these at the beginning of October.  I was wearing short sleeves.  It feels like that must have been forever ago because wow, yeah.  Outside is rather cold these days.  Brr.

Anyway, I decided not to separate these photographs for two reasons.

1.  I have a lot of photographs, and would like to eventually move on to new material, so I should get through this old stuff fast.  Otherwise, I will have very little incentive to create new work, thus, artistically stifling myself, and indulging in laziness.  Plus, I don't think that anyone minds posts with too many pictures.  Just pretend it's a Facebook album and all shall be well.

2. I took all of these in a span of about 30 minutes.  Really.  This was down only a few streets on a walk from Astor Place to Seward Park in Manhattan.  All of this.  It's a crazy area with lots of bright colors, art,  silly signs, lots of people, and fun shops.  I love this about New York- that you can walk around for a very small amount of time, pass through multiple neighborhoods, and see an extreme variety of sights.  I've never been in another city that changed so drastically from block to block.  It's inspiring, and exciting.  Walking around here always reminds me to think of what is new, and to cherish what is unknown and different.  To embrace change rather than stifle it, and to allow my artistic urges to manifest themselves.  I love this city.


No matter whether I spend all of my days here, except for some epic vacations, of course, or end up living thousands of miles away, New York City will always have a great place in my heart.  Its diversity is wonderful.  I love it.
































































Get ready for tomorrow- I'll be posting a Brooklyn equivalent!

Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment