Saturday, December 24, 2011

Super Old, Super Grave...y

It's Christmas Eve, so I thought I'd post some more photographs of graves and stuff.  You know, to be festive.  

Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like dead people.

These photographs are from a few very old cemeteries in downtown Boston, and were taken in late October, closer to Halloween.  The first bunch are from the Old Granary Burial Ground and second group were taken in the Kings Chapel and Burial Ground.  Then, there are a few more from the Granary because, well, I like to shake it up.  The Kings Chapel and adjacent cemetery, or, burial ground as its called, started in 1660, which is pretty darn old for the United States.  I saw some cemeteries in England and Scotland that were far older, but for the US, I mean, it wasn't even the US yet.  Boston wouldn't be part of the US for another 116 years.  It was a part of the British Empire.

That first photo is of me, because I realized that I don't put myself on this blog too often.  I'm going to try and do more of that.  Excuse the lack of makeup... I was on vacation for the weekend!  

Happiest of Holidays everyone!  


















































Boston, Massachusetts, USA



No comments:

Post a Comment