Saturday, December 17, 2011

Oh Holy Cow


We're in West Grove, Pennsylvania right now, celebrating Christmas with my parents.  Yup, it's a bit early, but we'll be in Austin, Texas, over Christmas, so we wanted to get some fun in with them before the holiday.  I'm sitting in a house full of Christmas decorations, eating Christmas cookies, drinking tea from a Christmas mug... and...

I'M TYPING THIS ON MY BRAND NEW CHRISTMAS MACBOOK!!!!!

I'm shocked.  Floored.  In the best way possible.  I'm not someone who asks for a lot.  I like material things, and I like shopping.  But, when it comes to gifts, I have no idea what to ask for.  I own a computer... a five-year old macbook.  Yeah, it has some issues, but I just feel lucky to have a computer.  A lot of my friends can't afford one.  Many people don't have them.  To be working on this new piece of technology, however, feels great.  To get a gift this wonderful and expensive, when I didn't even ask for it, is incredible.  I feel so thankful and wonderful.  Warm.  Nice.

I'll be able to do things with photographs digitally again.  I'll be able to upload photographs from my own computer.  I'll be using my digital camera again, and actually be able to edit photographs.  I'm so  excited. The quality of this blog is about to skyrocket!!

Here I am looking stupidly happy about all of this.


And, here I am pretending that my head is the head of a gingerbread man.  Yes, I look like and idiot, and, yup, my parents and Danny made fun of me as I took this.  But, you know what?  I don't care.  I'm floating on air, full of thanks and gratitude, and feel great.  Not only will I take a dumb picture, I will put it in my blog in vibrant celebration.  Here it is.

Thank you, parents.  You rock.

Cheers, all!  

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! (gratuitous exclamation points.....)




No comments:

Post a Comment