Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday Style: First Try


As I said on Friday, I love fashion.  I love being creative, and putting clothing and accessories together to create a unique look.  I enjoy observing the outfits of others to come up with new ideas of how to coordinate different items.  I love fashion.  

I've been wanting to add fashion posts to this blog since it started, and well, folks, today, it's time!   I have been excited about this all day!  I took a whole bunch of what I hoped would be excellent photographs of myself... and they were bad.  



 It's been a bit of a frustrating process though because, well,  I'm not going to post them.  Yeah.




I'm awful at photographing myself.  First of all, I'm not as photogenic as I would like.  I can pull a sultry/ seductive thing moderately well, but I try to smile, and I look like a bit of an idiot a lot of the time.  




Kind of like that.  Also, I like macro effects for fashion photography, and these are hard to pull on yourself.  Along with this, the lighting in my apartment really isn't conducive.  Basically, I should have waited for Danny to get home from work so that he could help me with this, but, I didn't.  One of these days I'll ask him to take me outside and photograph me until I feel really pretty.  One of these days.  He's just busy, and there aren't too many daylight hours at this time of year.

So, my first set of photographs were pretty much failures.  I was using a flash, and you can tell.  It's washed out.  Like, really washed out.  Also, the flash is reflecting off of my tights, which is not cute.  I was having a hard time posing for the still camera, which was lower than my face.  I wasn't particularly pleased with any of them, and my self esteem was a bit low.  Then, I got on my computer to complain about blah blah blah, I'm so not photogenic, blah blah wahhhh blah fat blah so bad photography no photo good wahhhhhhhhh.... and I noticed that my Photobooth was open from when I was playing with it earlier.  Because I like to try and fix the problem when I'm upset, instead of wallowing in self pity and loathing like an obnoxious and toxic pessimist, I started taking some photographs.  The light was shining down through my window, my makeup, so carefully applied, looked much better close-up.    The shots weren't full body, and it was easier to use angles to make my legs look longer. I am very, very pleased with the resultsAre they amazing quality?  No.  Was this a good lesson for me in creativity and self-esteem?  Yes.  I learned something today.  Today is a great day.

I'll be trying to post a new Sunday Style every week, to keep me on track with dressing well.  My real reason, though, is that getting my photo taken, when it turns out well, increases my self esteem immensely, and, since like most young women, my self esteem could be measured in mililitres,  I'm going to decide that this is a good thing.  Even though my self esteem has increased tenfold over the past year or so, I'd like to feel even better about myself than I do, because it gets in my way, so if this is going to help, fabulous.  I'll take it.  I'll have it.  I'd like to feel consistently confident.

So, I hope that you enjoy.  I hope that you like my outfit, and think that I look pretty neat. I love how these turned out, and I feel great about them, which makes me so happy. I hope that you like the photographs.  I'm going to stop rambling now.  Or, at least try.



Uhhhh.... here I am (below) with an Abraham Lincoln mug covering my face.  Yay!  Fun, right?




Sorry about the rambling.  I get caught up  in things sometimes when I'm writing posts for this blog, and then try to apologize with silly photographs that have no relevance to what I'm posting about with the hopes that they will fix what I may have broken by making things more complicated with my rambling that happens when I'm nervous and oh god, I'm rambling again now, aren't I?  Ahhhhh....


Have a nice Sunday.  Here I am in some clothes.





















Dress: H&M
Shoes: Aerosoles
Tights: Kmart... yes, really.
Earrings: Street Vendor



Sweatshirt (also seen in the Lincoln mug photo): Forever 21
Shorts: Target




No comments:

Post a Comment