Friday, October 14, 2011

Inspiration Fridays: Superheroes


Earlier this week, I wrote a post mourning my lack of mutant powers.  It seems, often, that life would be so much easier if, like Cyclops, I could shoot lasers out of my eyes, or, like Supergirl, I could do, well, everything.  I'm inspired by Superheroes not only because of their abilities, which are mostly enviable, but for their passion.  Even superheroes who are morally grey, like Deadpool, sometimes do the right thing just for the sake of doing the right thing.

Because, they want to make the world better.  Superheroes like Emma Frost surprise me even more, because they have gone through transformations, changes of ideals that bring them to a place of wanting to fight for "good."  (I'm also planning on dressing up as her for Halloween).  Batman, with his gadgets, and The Immortal Iron Fist, with his martial prowess.  It's all impressive.  But, it's that fight for the right, the will to carry on against all odds that I wish to emulate.  That's what impresses me.

Maybe, because I want to make the world better, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment