Friday, October 7, 2011

Inspiration Fridays: Alphabet Soup

Call me silly, but I really enjoy filling out these little survey things.  Remember Myspace?  I did these all the time.  Then again, I was an angsty 17 year old about to graduate from high school at the time, thinking that I knew a lot about the world when I actually knew very little.  Now, I know that I know very little.  But, I'm always trying to learn more!  Maybe you are too, which is why I thought I'd share a little about myself with you.  So, here's the info, along with some images I found amusing. Enjoy!



A. Age: 
22... I'm incredibly young, but old enough that professionalism is absolutely expected.  Old enough to be financially independent, financially stable, in an excellent stable relationship, have a great dream job, etc. But, young enough to be extremely optimistic and allow that optimism to have a youthful charm to it that makes me not be immediately discredited.  It's a good age to be.
Running for Trevor



B. Bed size: 

We have a Queen bed, but somehow, one of us generally manages to claim the whole space.  It's often Danny.  He likes to steal the blankets.
Andy and Amanda



C. Chore that you hate: 

I hate putting away laundry.  Doing it is fine, but putting it away drives me bonkers.  That's probably crazy, but, ah well.  For example, I'm currently working on putting everything from my recent move, and I don't mind any of it except my clothing.  Why put it away in a wardrobe when you have a perfectly acceptable chairdrobe or bedrobe?  Paintings on the walls?  Awesome.  Plants on the sill?  Check.  Television and video game systems set up?  Stellar.  Kitchen items in cabinets?  Done.  Clothing that I love, love, love, in the closet?  Haha... nope.  
By Brooke with Love



D. Dogs: 

I've never had one!  But we desperately want a pomsky!  It's just not really possible with the number of hours (and weirdness of hours) that we both work and take martial arts classes.  There's also that thousand dollar deposit to be allowed to own a dog in our building... meep.  
Not happening now.
That Cute Site



E. Essential start to your day: 

Coffee is necessary, and so is a short walk, which is why I usually stay on the express subway train in the mornings, and walk the extra seven blocks downtown to work.
F. Favorite color:  
I love deep red, shades like burgundy or mulberry. The color of cherries, and deep roses. 
I try to keep my nails this color often.  It makes me happy.
Flowers n' Stuff



G. Gold or Silver:  

Absolutely silver.  I wear three silver rings every day!   Generally, I wear silver-based earrings too.  But, not always.  I especially love silver celtic-looking jewelry... it's gorgeous.
Rowan Olivia


H. Height: 

I'm a shorty, coming in just below 5'3".  Tall enough not to be too short, but definitely not tall.
Fishwich



I. Instruments you play: 

I play the piano rather well, and I play the flute, but I'm very out of practice.  
Southwesterner



J. Job title: 

I'm a Voice and Speech Teacher, and an Administrative Assistant.  Woohoo!  Dream job.  I get to tell people to wipe drool off of their faces on a daily basis.  Beat that.
My Opera



K. Kids:  

None.  I'm not planning to have any either.
Twisted Scottish Bastard



L. Live:  

Brooklyn, New York.
Brooklyn Heights Blog



M. Mother’s name:  

Joan.  She's pretty amazing.  This is her with my dad in front of London Bridge.  Coincidentally, they are spending a week together in London right now!
Photograph taken by yours truly.


N. Nicknames:
 Em.  I had an acting teacher who called me Buckshot, and I thought that was kind of hilarious.  And, my dad called me Emily Google as a kid.  But, I've never been huge on nicknames.


 O. Overnight hospital stays
 None!  Honestly, I've been to the hospital very few times in my life, and even fewer times because I was the one who was hurt.  I've been to the hospital in the middle of the night a few times, but I've never stayed until sunrise, so I don't think that counts as overnight.
Antwerp Military Hospital - Silent Hill
 P. Pet peeves: 
I get so annoyed when there is no toilet paper.  This sucks in a public restroom, but in  homes and small businesses... I just get pissed off.  Going along with this, I hate when the toilet paper is sitting on top of the holder.  The person didn't take those two extra seconds, because that is how long it takes, to not put it on properly.... Ridiculous.

 Sodahead


Q. Quote from a movie:
 "Be the flame, not the moth"- spoken by Heath Ledger in Casanova.  It's tied with, "We are too young to know that certain things are impossible.  So, we do them anyway.  And we might just accidentally change the world"- spoken by either Benedict Cumberbatch or Ioan Gryffud in Amazing Grace.  I don't remember.
R. Right or left handed:
I'm right-handed, but I'm left-eye dominant, which means that I might be genetically left-handed, but I write with my right hand anyway.  I figured this out while learning archery in gym class in high school, when my right-handed shots were nowhere near as accurate as I had hope that they would be.  
 
Obviously that is Orlando Bloom as Legolas, and not me, but hey, he is blonde in this photo (wow, I'm blonde!) and utlizing a bow, like I was when I realized that I might have picked up the pencil with the wrong hand when I was two.  So... I thought this made sense.
Propstore


S. Siblings:

 I have a younger sister named Julianna who just started college!!  She's lovely. 


By me :)





T. Time you wake up:
 I generally wake up around 7:15am on weekdays, and... later on weekends.  But almost always before 10am.


 

U. Underwear: 
Is important!  And fun.  Why wouldn't you wear underwear when so many cute, pretty, and funny styles are out there?  It blows my mind.  Plus, it's comfier to wear it.

 V. Vegetable you hate:
 There actually aren't any.  I love me some veg.


W. What makes you run late:
 I would love to say that it's my alarm clock, or the MTA, but it is generally my own laziness.  MTA mostly makes people run late when they don't leave extra time, or don't check their status updates before they leave.  Although... sometimes, it does make me late.  Sometimes, trains crash, break, or derail, and sometimes the people on trains are sick, or just complete idiots who think pulling an emergency alarm or leaving a "suspicious package" around is funny and/ or okay.  And alarm clocks aren't sentient beings...  so....


X. X-Rays you’ve had:
Teeth, chest, and ankle.  Woot woot.

Y. Yummy food that you make:
All foods?  But seriously, I make some excellent omelettes and stir fries.  My pasta dishes are pretty sweet as well.  And oh god, this photo is making me hungry.


 

 Z. Zoo animal:
Red pandas.  They win every time.  I mean, seriously.  Just look at how freakin' cute this thing is and tell me it doesn't get your instant approval, adoration, and undying devotion.
My Animal World
Enhanced by Zemanta


No comments:

Post a Comment