Monday, October 31, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Halloween


The weather in New York City has made all kinds of no sense lately.  A few very short weeks ago, I was still wearing sundresses, sandals, sunglasses and straw hats.  Now, I'm bundled up like that kid from "A Christmas Story," trundling down the street like a kind of marshmallow Michelin-man.  

It's cold.  And, it snowed!  The day before, I was an unbeliever.  I thought that the weathermen had gone bonkers.  It was two days before Halloween there was no way in hell that it was going to snow.  That just doesn't happen here.  I've lived in this region of the world all of my life, and I had never seen that occur.  

There was just no way.


I mean, well, except for that way.  The one in that photograph.  That is my subway station, well, not mine per se, but the subway station at which I generally board a train when I'm coming from my home.  This photograph was taken on October 29, 2011.  Yeah.  Ridiculous.


Like, seriously, what the hell?  This weather has me feeling all Christmassy.  Christmas-like?  In the Christmas spirit.


Christmas in October-
Deck the halls with snowy train tracks
Fa-la-la-la-la La-la-la-la
MTA gives you no real facts
Fa-la-la-la-la La-la-la-la
Sidewalks with deceptive puddles
Fa-la-la La-la-la La La La
Trains are down, take the free shuttles
Fa-la-la-la-la La-la-la-la

Brrrrrrr.  Really?


Look at that traffic, and how it's affected by the snow/sleet/wintry mix/ hellish unfairness that's falling from the sky!  You can see how deep of a puddle the white van is in-  check out the splash it's creating!  On a completely unrelated note, I love that lady's umbrella.


The photograph directly above is my favourite one of this snowy bunch.  I already shared it on Facebook.  I love the lion statue- there are two of them, one on each side of the gate, guarding the big house on the corner.  So lovely.  I want to live in a fortress guarded by lion statues.  Not just a beautiful Brooklyn home, specifically a fortress.  But, I'll settle for a house.  If I have to.

PS.  Sorry for the lack of posts last week.  I only put stuff up twice, and neither post contained my photographs.  I was busy.  This week I'll be better about it :)

Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA


No comments:

Post a Comment