Monday, October 10, 2011

Literary Strips

Yesterday's post was a bit of me challenging, ranting, perhaps being a bit overbearing for a blog like this, maybe being a little heavy (or a little bit too light and happy depending on your taste) so I decided to counter it on this splendid Monday with a little bit of light fun and humor.

The world really is awesome, sponsored in part by comics, which are unquestionably awesome.  Everyone likes comics, even if they are too "cool" to admit it.  At least, that's my theory.  But these strips are just a bit of literary hilarity and entertainment.  I'm not sure who the author is, but whoever he or she is, they are pretty darned brilliant, and their comics were featured in a display set-up at Housingworks Bookstore and Cafe in Manhattan last week.  They may still be, but I went to Housingworks last week, and they were definitely there then.  I was hoping to share more of them with you, but my photos turned out to be tragically, unintelligibly blurry... thus a few comic photos and the other random stuff from Housingworks at the bottom.

Anyways, enjoy!  
(Oh, and I still dare you to consider that the world might be beautiful.  For kicks and giggles if nothing else.)


Oh, and Happy Columbus Day!

Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment