Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Carroll Gardens

Carroll Gardens is a gorgeous, rather upscale neighborhood in Brooklyn.  I don't live there, and I don't know if that is eventually where I would want to live either.  But, it is beautiful.  I go to see an Alexander Technique teacher in that area, and I always leave early to walk around and see all of the beautiful front gardens, the park, and the independently owned shops that line the tree-covered streets.  Murals are abundant, flowers are plentiful, and the occasional bizarre touch of graffiti or a very old building adds character.  


Sometimes Danny and I will go out of our way to go to a dinner in this neighborhood.  

One time in particular, we went to a lovely speakeasy style bar with fondue, and fancy meat and cheese plates.  It was decadent. We keep planning to go back, but haven't been able to as of yet.  Danny and I are excellent about taking one another out to dinner, but it tends to be more of an impromptu thing than a planned night.  We will both get out of work, text one another, and then just meet somewhere, or realize that out breaks line up and go somewhere near where I work.  Or, we'll both be starving and desperate for food after an afternoon of martial arts classes. 


 One of these days, we will go back for more fondue!!









Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment