Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Financier

Financier is a lovely little cafe right on Astor Place, near the cube. I know that they have other locations as well, but, for me, this is the one that matters.  I once took a photograph of some of their cookies in the window of their Grand Central Station location, but this shop is better.  The seating is quaint and lovely, the coffee drinks are rich and delicious, and the pastries are surprisingly well-priced for how tasty they are.  The chocolate nut madeleine is simply scrumptious.  Oh my god... so yummy.  I'm a coffee nut (obviously) and this place nurtures the love nicely.  Not to mention that the macaroons are adorable, and their sandwiches all look tasty.  I haven't actually tried any of their sandwiches, but Danny goes there for lunch pretty often, and he says it is fantastic.  He loves to get the sandwich called Financier... and the first time he ordered it, the person corrected his pronunciation.  Apparently it is pronounced with a very heavy French accent.  I'm down.

So, please, enjoy some handsome coffee (and a handsome guy).






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment