Monday, September 19, 2011

An Amazing City and a More Amazing Man

Our new apartment is all signed for and everything, and we move on Sunday!!  This is exciting to me, partially because we will probably have fewer bugs in our apartment (we upgraded to a location with an exterminator contract).  Mostly, though, because we are going to buy our own internet.  Danny and I have been stealing from our neighbors this entire year, using their not-so-password-protected network.  It's not that internet is expensive or anything, it's just that, well, why pay for it if it is free?  However, the past month, it has been working only on occasion.  Which is unfortunate and annoying.  But, since we knew we were going to move, we didn't see many good reasons to buy a router and call our provider with just a month to go.  So, my access to internet has been restricted to work, and when my unsuspecting neighbors' connectivity decides to play along with my Mac.  Updating is going to be so much easier so soon.

Today is pretty exciting for me for lots of reasons.  The new apartment, and accompanying private, password protected internet are two of them.  The big one, though, is Danny.  My amazing, wonderful, spectacular man.  He's so great.  That sounds remarkably trite, but I just love this man.  He's so intelligent and intellectual, but very feeling and artistic.  He's practical and logical, but also imaginative and creative.  Open to new ideas, tolerant of others, but also opinionated.  But, respectful.  He's athletic, talented, and very successful in his line of work.  Not to mention how unbelievably gorgeous he is.  By the way, he is GORGEOUS.  He treats me like I'm gold, but also a person.  I've never felt more loved or respected.  Danny is a beautiful blessing in my life, and I cherish him. And, it's our anniversary!

Oh look, that's him.



In other news.  It's getting cold.  I'm wearing a jacket.  I'm trying to be happy about this, but, frankly, I'm not. I like warmer weather.  Instead, I'm trying to remember how much I adore blazers and boots, because I do.  It's just difficult when walking around in this city becomes unpleasant, like it is during the dead of winter.  Walking this city is one of my favourite things in the world, because you see so much in a short period of time.  Over the course of a few miles, you can pass through ten different, extremely distinct neighborhoods, hundreds of people, hundreds of cars, many lampposts, pay phones, mailboxes, buildings, dogs, trash cans, signs, stores, restaurants, bridges, parks, trees, murals and squirrels.  This city is incredible in that way.  The variance between blocks is really extraordinary.   That's why I love warm weather here.  You can see the beauty of the melting pot- that everything is together, but each vegetable (or whatever it is one puts in a melting pot, because really, who does that) retains its own special taste!

These photos were taken on one of these multiple neighborhood walks.  Enjoy.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment