Friday, September 23, 2011

Inspiration Fridays: Autumn Falling

I am generally a warm weather girl.  I like the heat, as long as it isn't too hot.  A sundress with a blazer is my ideal style of outfit, or maybe jeans, a tank top and a blazer (like I'm wearing right now).  I'm also very affected by seasonal change emotionally and mentally.  Cold weather makes me sad and lazy, whereas warmer weather tends to result in a bright and cheery Emily.  So, when fall arrives, I am usually caught in a mix of emotions.  I'm sad that the weather is getting cooler, and the days are getting shorter.

 But, I'm happy for a number of other reasons-  pumpkin spice lattes, cute blazers and sweaters, boots, orange and red leaves, apple butter, being able to wear my hair down without sweating.  Hats.  Pies.  Halloween.  Thanksgiving.  Wearing decorative scarves without sweating. This year, I was able to be excited about school starting as well!  No, I'm not still in school, unless you count my martial arts school.  I do count that, but it's year-round, so it's not the same idea.  I'm teaching!!  I've been hired as a Voice and Speech Warm-Up instructor at the acting conservatory I work for.  I'm also the full-on Voice and Speech teacher for the high school students in the Outreach Program, which is thrilling.  Basically, I came up with a five-year plan in March... and I've achieved it.  My mind is a little boggled, but I couldn't possibly be more thrilled.  This is the best fall EVER.

Thus, I'm drawing my inspiration from the season today.  

Happy first day of Fall!









Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment