Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Old World

I love how old parts of New York City look.  For a US city, New York really is old, but in some areas, you'd never know it.  I find that people who have never been to New York, or who have even only been once or twice, have no idea that some streets are lined with buildings from the late 1700's and early 1800's.  People are surprised that these type of historical sights exist in New York, which always surprises me.  Then again, before I moved here, I mostly thought of Times Square, flashing lights and glass too.  I thought of honking horns and cars driving on sidewalks... and some angry Fuhgeddaboudits.  

Now... I think of scenes like this.  


Not all of them are of things that are actually old, though most of them are.  But they show the way I see the city.  The way I feel it.  More importantly, they show what I wish more people would stop and see.  But, one of the beautiful things about us is that we all see the world differently.  I don't want to change that either.






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment