Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tools of the Trade


Paintbrushes, ceramics, beautifully coloured walls and window frames... this is all par for the course at the home of Stefanie DiStefano.  She's a friend of David, Danny's dad.  We went to a brunch party at her house while we were in Austin. 

I had been introduced to some of her artwork almost nine monthes earlier, when I was shown a stunning mural in the outdoor seating of a Torchy's Tacos in South Austin.  I was impressed with the incredible attention to detail- and the fact that the Torchy's mascot was the same as the one from my middle school.  

Anyways, her house was fabulous.  It was one of the most artistic places I have ever visited.  The floors, walls, counters, windows, they are all at least partially covered in her mosaics.  Fun paintings hang from the walls.  Beaded curtains.  Cacti.  Massive amounts of porch space.  It was, as I said before, fabulous.  

And Stephanie is a lovely person!  I figured she had to be pretty cool if she was allowing a stranger to tail along to her brunch, and she proved me right.  Despite the fact that I got attacked by a cactus in the front yard (meh) it was a great day.  Expect a few more posts showing her house and work.  

Here's her website: http://www.flamingoranch.com

Austin, Texas, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment