Monday, September 13, 2010

Toybox


Actually, this was a shelf full of toys, not a toy box.  But toy box sounds nicer, so title it is.  Toy Joy, in Austin, is one of the coolest stores that I have ever been to.  I mentioned it in a very early post on this blog- but it is worth mentioning  a million times.  Their selection of nifty things is kind of unparallelled.  And since I have determined that Austin is the capital of kitsch, this store completely makes sense.

I am a sucker for everything Asian at this point.  I don't know why, but asian toys, asian tv shows, asian food... they all make me really happy. All of these toys have a very asian feel to them, the art work is what I think of when I think of slightly vintage asian toys.  I think that's the idea though.  In any case, I am visually attracted to basically everything in this photograph.

Austin, Texas, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment