Friday, September 17, 2010

Photographer Feature: Erica Norman

I am Erica Norman, and I have lived lots of places and gone to many different parts of the US and have even traveled to Europe multiple times. Regardless of that, the best place I have ever lived or been to is the Delaware/Pennsylvania area. It is filled with hills and forgotten buildings and a wide variety of things to look at. It's no wonder that I've taken up photography recently.

This collection of photos depicts Hagley Museum and Library's grounds during the summer of 2010. Hagley was a gunpowder mill founded by E.I. DuPont over 200 years ago, and today is one of the gorgeous parks around Wilmington, Delaware. It is worth taking a stroll around during any time of the year, but beware the geese in the spring; they will attack you.

Powder House 1: 

This may or may not be a powder house, I can't remember. What I do remember is that it is, in fact, a very old building. Old buildings are fascinating and photo-worthy, especially if they have fines climbing up them, as this one does. I do not have a clue of what kind of vine this is.

Vine:

This is a close-up of one of the vines that is on the picture of the powder house. I decided I wanted to take a picture of it because of its tiny little delicate flowers and shapely leaves.  I still have no idea what the vine is called.

Portal:

This is a picture of a storehouse, I believe. I took a picture of this because it looked as if it was a portal to another world. Doorways and arches are wonderful subjects for pictures and imaginations to focus on.

Green:

The sun was coming through the canopy of leaves above in such a vibrant way that I was almost forced to take a picture, because my conscience told me I would regret it if I didn't.

Two Paths:

This is a picture of the beginning of the main path/road of the Hagley grounds. The viewpoint is a little skewed, but I think that was because I was on a hill. I am on the less traveled path that goes up the hill and into a more woodsy part of the grounds.

You can find more of my art here: http://glassflower7.deviantart.com/
My blog is here: http://elvenrantpage.blogspot.com/

Wilmington, Delaware, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment