Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dippin Dots


Ice cream seems to have died in New York City.  Has anyone else noticed that?  You can buy froyo at hundreds of little stores (Sixteen Handles decidedly being the best), and soft serve ice cream on every street corner from Mister Softee.  Or Captain Softee.  Or Whatever.  Gelato is becoming more popular- it's places other than Little Italy, though Little Italy is the most fun place to get it!  

But hard ice cream? pssht. So last season.

NOOOO.  I disagree.  I love ice cream in a cone, or a dish.  And Dippin Dots?  Genius.  Ice cream of the future kids, it's here.  I've never understood why this stuff hasn't caught on more.  It's so great.

San Antonio, Texas, USA

3 comments:

  1. It's weird actually, Dippin Dots used to by huge in Austin. In fact I remember having a machine for them at the Erwin Center for a while. Suddenly the Dippin Dots vanished, which is a shame, not because they tasted good but because they where just weird enough for Austin to get behind...ah childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They kind of fell apart ever since Mini Melts came around. They sell a lot in Vending Machines and around me they are in Queens Mall and a few others. I think because they are a franchise that has a lot to do with why they aren't as big as they use to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh. That makes sense. I didn't know they had them in the Queens Mall.... if I'm there I shall have to indulge a bit.

    And yeah, that makes so much sense about dippin dots in Austin.

    Thanks for the comments guys :)

    ReplyDelete