Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shamu


I turned 21 a little over a week ago.  For my birthday, Danny took me to SeaWorld in San Antonio.  This was an experience unlike any I had ever had before.  Though most of the eager viewers surrounding me at Believe, the Shamu killer whale show, were about a quarter of my age, I was beaming with excitement

And boy, was it merited.  The killer whales/ orcas were incredible!  They were doing flips, beaching themselves on the side and smiling at the audience.  I was floored.  Unfortunately, some of them had a little bit of a floppy fin, meaning that they were depressed.  In this photograph, however, you can't tell.  This guy looks like he's having a whale of a time.  Get it?  A whale... uh, yeah...

San Antonio, Texas, USA

4 comments:

  1. oh that's adorable :) i'd love to go there one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They were just so cute playing- the last moment of the show was one of them jumping up to bounce a ball. Sea World is a really neat place. San Antonio is lovely as well- there's this sunken river with a decorated walkway that goes through the city. It has neat shops and restaurants and things, and even goes through the first floor of some of the buildings!

    Thanks for the comment, by the way. And thanks again for including me in your hello I'm analog project. I'm enjoying following that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing really like it and after see your post I remind my tour when I visited San Diego with family to spend the holiday vacation. We really happy because this was our first tour to that place we enjoyed every moment of life. One day I visited SeaWorld Park which is one of the top tourist attractions in San Diego.
    It is known for impressive animal shows, interactive attractions, aquariums, rides, gorgeous landscaping, dining facilities and education programs for all ages. I’d definitely recommend everyone must visit once in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the compliment, and the comment :)

    ReplyDelete