Friday, September 10, 2010

Cowboy Hats


I have never really been a cowboy hat kind of a girl.  I grew up in rural Pennsylvania, where cowboy hats weren't really a thing.  John Deere baseball caps maybe, Amish buggies, absolutely.  But I always had a yearning to be more of a metropolitan kid.  I wore dresses when other people wore sweatpants, always winged my eyeliner, sported heels in high school while most of my peers wore flip flops.  You get my drift.

But over the past couple years, I've become a bit more relaxed. Which is hilarious, because I've been living in New York City.  Heels are broken out only for special occassions (which may have something to do with my ankle problems, which may exist in part because of the heels, but what does it matter), dresses are still my every day staple, but are worn more casually, and the winged eyeliner is not as thick as it once was.  Nor is it any longer paired with red lipstick.

Still, though, a cowboy hat?  Blame it on my Texan boyfriend.  I now own one... and I like it.

San Antonio, Texas, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment