Sunday, January 30, 2011

El Béisbol con un Plátano (The Baseball and the Banana)



Miami had excellent murals.  You saw one in a previous post, Sunny Skies and Marvelous Murals, and now I want to share some other ones!  This one, with a detail shown above, was one of my favourites.  It was on the outer wall of a preschool, and showed a bunch of children with fruit for bodies playing baseball.  This great scene overlooked their little parking lot, complete with a tiny outdoor playset.  Adorable!  I wish I had taken a photograph of the entire scene so that I could share it with you, I was very enchanted.

On the street side of the building were more murals, showing a butterfly and trees. This serene little scene was paired with their sign advertising Judo classes!  I looked at something later, and it turns out that this place also ran a day care for older children, and part of the daycare was that they have to take a Judo class.  How awesome is that?  Hey kids, you have to go here after school because mummy and daddy are still at work, but it's okay because, you know what?  You get to fight stuff.  
But my favourite was the mural painted on the glass door- of a little girl with mended faerie wings.


The whole thing was just so darn cute and full of childish imagination.  I wish I could remember the name of the place, but I don't.  In any case, it made me happy, and I hope that these photographs make you happy too.


Miami, Florida, USA
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment