Saturday, June 11, 2011

Prelude to a Picnic

Last Tuesday, I met my friend Sara in Madison Square Park for a nice, little picnic!  I arrived a bit before she did, so I got off of the train at Union Square and walked up Broadway.  I've taken photographs along this stretch before- many times, actually.  There is a lot to see.  Many interior design stores line the streets, ABC Home being the most notable.  Their window displays are absolutely incredible.  The creativity of that store is pretty much unparalleled.  I haven't found it's equal, at least.  Tiny eateries and delis are in nice supply, and the streets aren't busy with cars, due to the strange route Broadway takes through Midtown.  In Herald Square and Times Square, Broadway is not open to cars, only pedestrians and bikes.  A quiet, beautiful street generally sounds like a good idea to me.  

So, these photographs are scattered bits of the walk and the picnic.  You may recognise Sara from my Facebook album- I took some headshots and such for her a few monthes ago, and she's gorgeous.  


Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I love these photos, Em! I can't wait for you to show me around New York. Please let's play soon!! <3

    ReplyDelete