Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What IS Travel and Toile?

... I don't know.

Travel and Toile is currently having a bit of an identity crisis.   
What is it?  


It's not a fish...
It's not a fashion blog.  I don't show photographs of myself, or anyone else modeling cute outfits. It's not a lifestyle blog either.  Though it was a photography blog for awhile, it has morphed away from that.  I write too much to justify calling Travel and Toile a photoblog these days. Also, I sometimes sacrifice photographs of quality so that I can have something more interesting to say.  By that, I mean that I don't necessarily post my best shots, I post what I think will serve the overall entry.

Hmm... entry...Is it my diary?  No, I don't write what I do every day as it happens.  I kind of write what I'm thinking about and couple it with photographs I have taken, or pick out some photographs I have and come up with something to say that will weave it all together.


But, what is the classification for that?  Is there one?  I write a blog... blog.  Have I allowed myself to be so random that I defy classification?  I know I'm nerdy and let that show though, but have I only overextended myself by writing about what I'm thinking?



I keep coming back to the idea that I'm an awful photographer, a terrible writer, and an ugly, good-for-nothing, lousy web page designer and overall person.  But, I do have some readers, so that obviously isn't it. My readers are way too nice, classy and cultured to be reading a crappy blog.

  Maybe I don't advertise and put my blog out there enough?  I feel like I do though.


My conclusion... my skirt is in a bunch.
My actual conclusion:  I have no niche.  This blog is rather general haha. 

What is Travel and Toile?
 How can  I end this identity crisis?

Walt Disney World, Florida, USA
Photographs of me taken by Daniel Garrison.  As usual.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Personal opinion...I believe that Travel and Toile is a conglomeration of all things fabulous - plain and simple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a travel blog, even when the photos are from NYC or PA, they are usually someplace interesting and fun! or you can just call it a post modern blog, since it defies classification!

    blog.williammbrown.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry too much. Blogs are almost always in crisis. Almost by definition. I think about closing mine three times a day...

    Keep on blogging & thanks for the kind comments on my own blog.

    http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete