Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Vintage Splendor.

I just... I just wish that I could wear a corset all of the time.  I wish that this was socially acceptable.  I would flaunt my little corset up and down the street and feel so skinny and ladylike.  It would be awesome.


Part of me wishes that people still dressed like they did before the flappers.  That women had to wear giant bustle skirts, with hoops, corsets, high-necked frilly lace blouses and heeled, laced boots.  All of those pieces are so elegant and gorgeous.  They make you feel womanly.  Well, they at least make me feel womanly.  For my job, I'm an actor, I've gotten to wear some pretty authentic stuff, and I just love it.  Though I know we've moved forward, and that progress is wonderful and all that, I wish that I could just dress like that occassionally.  I mean, I could, but I'd probably get some odd looks.  Less here in New York than most other places, but still, some.


Some types of corsetry have become acceptable, and I couldn't be happier.  I've picked up some nice clubwear bustiers and a few corsets more acceptable for normal wear too.  I got a neat burgundy one from Forever21 about a year and a half ago that I sometimes incorporate into my ensemble.  However, I'm loving some of the stuff I'm seeing from Topshop and H&M for spring.  They make me want the warm springtime to come even sooner!  
If I do pick up some awesome near lingerie-as-clothing kind of stuff like that, I promise a fashion post.  That's too exciting to me not to merit one.

Photographs taken in Walt Disney World, Florida, USA






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment