Friday, February 4, 2011

Inspiration Fridays: I'm Just a Hopeless Romantic

I really am.  Give me a soft kiss, some light colors and low light, and I'll be happy forever.

Unknown Source
but it's Ichimaru Gin and Matsumoto Rangiku from Bleach

Portrait of Elsa- Frank Bernard Dicksee

Unknown

Dorothy Mackaill

by op


 Persuasion-Leonard Campbell Taylor

Unknown

Reverie- Francois Boucher


Unknown...


Dear Umi


Thankfully, I have a boyfriend who understands just what a romantic I am.  Sometimes, when I've had a bad day, he buys me roses.  Red roses.  Usually a dozen of them.  This cheers me right up- very few things make me happier than roses from my lover.  He buys me them for no reason a lot too!  But I must admit, the idea of spending my days lounging against crumbling statues in a field of flowers, wearing a corset and my hair up in a fancy do, reading poetry and sipping tea sounds amazing to me some days.  Honestly,  it sounds great most days.  I've been trying to take some time to do something like this, despite the cold.  In summer and spring and fall I will sit in parks to read while sipping coffee, but this winter I've been going to the library.  It's been quite nice.  I'll go and pick up some Lord Byron, Percy Shelley, Jane Austin, William Shakespeare, Fyodor Dostoeyevsky, or a recent favourite, Anthony Hope, and curl up in an armchair for hours.  Bliss.


What is not bliss is the number of unknown sources in this pos- if you know the sources for any of these beautiful pieces of artwork, please comment and let me know!  I'd like to give credit where credit is due.  If you own any of this art, and wish to have it removed, I will do so immediately.


Thanks!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment