Sunday, February 20, 2011

A View from the Bridge

No, not the Arthur Miller play... 

Though, you win super brownie points if you knew that "A View from the Bridge" is the title of an Arthur Miller play.  Brownie points and kudos.  And rainbows, puppies and unicorns.  Invisible ones.

I'm talking about the Manhattan Bridge.  It's a bridge that connects Manhattan's Canal Street to Brooklyn's Flatbush Avenue.  It was the only bridge between Manhattan and Brooklyn that I had not walked over.  Now, I have walked over it.  I did it on Thursday, when it was about 50 degrees Farenheit outside, and the world was basically made of smiles and roses.  The view was excellent.

  I did mess up a bit and walked on the bike lane side instead of the pedestrian lane side... but I couldn't find the entrance!  I'm probably an idiot, but it didn't seem that well marked.  In any case, the sun was setting, and photographs of the Brooklyn Bridge etc. to the south would have just had massive amounts of backlight and sun flare.  That would have been cool, but the more standard photographs that I was able to capture of the northern view from the bridge, and the Williamsburg Bridge are what you see here.  I'm rather proud of them, and I hope you enjoy!


Manhattan and Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment