Thursday, December 6, 2012

Love Consent

Warning- this post is about underwear.  There will be pictures of underwear and ladies wearing underwear.  Because this is apparently something you need to be warned about.  Welcome to 2012.

I'm digging the hell out of Love Consent- a line of underwear by "Victoria's Secret" to promote consensual sex instead of rape. 





Yes.  A thousand times yes.  




Hilarious, yet poignant, and blocked on Twitter probably by Victoria's secret, these underwear throw the responsibility for rape at the dudes instead of the boobs.  Because, men have brains. Many of my friends are guys, and I am very aware that they use the matter in their head to make decisions, not the matter in their nether-regions.  




I sometimes have a difficult time understanding how it is that dudes don't get really offended when people assert that it is a chick's fault that she got raped.  She looked so sexy that the guy just had to.  Umm... no.  He has a brain.  In his cranium.  That makes decisions.  That uses reasoning.  That can understand situations.  That can get his legs to walk away.  




In any case, check this out and also take a look at their website and their Facebook page because they are doing some straight-up awesome stuff that is just on point.  The underwear is cool, and their models look like real people because they probably are.




Really, look at this shiz.  I want this.   I wish Victoria's Secret was cool enough to make this.  




Of course, we live in the real world and their job is to sell sexy to ladies for sexy times, so that will never happen.  



But I would wear this every day.  And smile to myself as I put it on.  I would buy this for single friends as birthday presents.  And for ones in relationships too.  This would make millions because the internet exists, and my generation is pretty nifty and honestly buys things like this.  We have a lot of feminists screaming to be heard, and having no way to go about it, so they spend a lot of time on tumblr.  Also online shopping for undies.




All photos are from the Love Consent website and Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment