Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Measure for Measure

Tonight, I went to see "Measure for Measure" at the Almeida Theatre in Islington.  After having done a production of this show, it was great to see another stage version.

Overall, I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed the show.  I am quite glad that I saw it.  There were things that I liked, and things that I didn't like.  The Escalus was impeccable.  The Lucio was funny.  I had some serious issues with the Isabel and I initially did with the Angelo.  Since yesterday, he has grown on me.  He was just portrayed in such a different manner than I have ever seen before, that I was very thrown off.  However, he was actually pretty brilliant. The Mistress Overdone and the Mariana were both good- of course, I was slightly biased since I had just portrayed them in December.

Here are some photos of the production from the Almeida Theatre website:

 
  
 

Really, getting to see the production made me appreciate how good our Adler one truly was.  I go to school with some immensely talented actors.

Here are some pictures from our production, taken by Amanda Embry:

 
  
  
 




No comments:

Post a Comment