Sunday, January 2, 2011

Central Cityscapes

If you haven't noticed, I'm kind of in love with Central Park.  Well, big parks in general really.  They make me quite happy. 
The presence of a large quantity of nature in the middle of an urban area... it's so pleasant! 
Trees, flowers, and docile wildlife are calming for me, they remind me a little bit more of the town where I grew up, my backyard, the trees, a swing-set, the random birds, squirrels and rabbits that popped up on a regular basis. 
It's nice.  In both Central Park and Prospect Park (which I live much closer to,) there are spots where you cannot see the surrounding city.
It just looks like a forest, the way New York might have been before it was settled.  However, some of the prettiest views in Central Park, especially, are the ones where you can see buildings. 
Many of the buildings around the park are splendid, majestic creatures, summoning dreams of castles and faraway magical lands.    
Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: