Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Can Wishes Really Come True?


Can they?  It seemed that they were for many of the children in Disney World.  This little girl looked especially happy while meeting Belle in Epcot.  Even more... she was actually well behaved!  I saw so little of that while I was there.  I saw lots of kids screaming at their parents to buy them stuff or make lines go faster.  I saw even more kids running amok as their parents daydreamed. I didn't see that many behaving themselves.  Also, I saw very few skinny American children.  Most of them seemed a bit chubby, and many of them were far more than that...


But, Mary Poppins was lovely!!

Which brings me to my next point, my one gripe about Disney World.  It wasn't the ill-behaved children, I knew about that. 

My one and only gripe was their main message.  Basically the park was screaming at you:
IF YOU WISH HARD ENOUGH, ALL YOUR DREAMS WILL COME TRUE!

Alas, that's untrue.

If you work hard enough, some of your dreams might come true.  Maybe.  If you're really lucky.  I kind of felt like Disney World was trying to give a trophy to every kid who came in the door and tell them that they were special and entitled to automatic success just for existing, which is a beautiful idea, but absolutely, hilariously wrong.  I just wanted to hug the kids and tell them that they were being lied to, and that life was going to be hard, and that these illusions would just make them feel bad later when they realized that they would actually have to do something with themselves to achieve success.  I don't know, I just felt like Disney World was giving people false hopes and dreams, and setting children up for disappointment.

It sure felt nice while you were there though! Being told that your life is going to be perfect because you're unique and you deserve it definitely feels great, even if it's a total lie. So, I guess it's not all bad.  It's pretty hard to be negative about anything when you're talking about Disney World.  It's my only gripe and it's not even a bad one. 

Just a warning- I'm probably going to be posting Florida photos for about forever, as it's freezing here, the photographs are sunny, and they help me take my mind off of the cold darkness.  Not to mention that I took like two thousand photographs.  It has nothing to do with that...

Walt Disney World, Florida, USA
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment