Saturday, February 9, 2013

Walks in the Woods

In early December, I had the chance to travel to Maine, where I stayed with my Grampa two nights, and my aunt and uncle a third.  My Gramma passed away at the very end of November, and it rocked my family a bit, so I was glad that going up there to stay was a possibility for me.  

Walked through the woods with my Grampa.  Had long talks.  Deep talks.  Spirituality, religion, learning, politics.  He is a fascinating, experienced, and brilliant man.  I'm so blessed.  

Was able to see him in Maryland at a different aunt and uncle's house a week later, and then again after Christmas in Maine for my Gramma's memorial service.  Hopefully, I'll see him soon, but until then, we've been talking on the phone for about an hour every week, and it's an incredible blessing.

Next weekend I get to visit my other grandparents at their time share in Florida.  Very much looking forward to it.





























Planning to start posting again.  It's been a few monthes of a lot of change for me, some changes negative, some the opposite but the way I am coming out of them is overwhelmingly positive.  2013 is shaping up to be incredible.  I've decided it shall be so.


No comments:

Post a Comment