Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lovely Pretty Times

These times are lovely and pretty for me.  
 Things in life are generally going well- I have no job at the moment, but lots of auditions are coming up and I feel more prepared and excited than ever!  I'm sure I'll book something soon.  Even if I don't, I'm planning to search for a night job when I get back.  Restaurant work sounds very appealing to me.  I know it's very hard, but I've also heard that the pay is generally good, and there are a lot of restaurants I like in New York.  So, once I return, I'll be applying at a whole bunch of them and seeing what happens.  Though I have no experience as a waiter or a hostess, I have worked as an actor and in a box office, and both have to be helpful with that.  It's true that I know how to relate to people at work.  Definitely have messed that up in my personal life before, but professionally, that seems to be something I can add to my skill set.  Basically, I'm just hoping.  I'm hoping that someone wants to hire me and pay me money so I can afford to audition during the day for the jobs I really want.  Not that I don't want a restaurant job, as I said, I do, but an acting job?  Way better. 
 Let's see... other things are good too!  My Etsy shop is up and running with a few more items for sale, and even more are going to be coming.  I haven't actually sold anything yet, but it's only been a few days and the only places I have advertised are here and on Facebook, so I'm quite positive that it will pick up.  Speaking of the store, if you want to purchase a print of any photo that you have seen here on Travel and Toile, in any size, just send me an email at travelandtoile@gmail.com, and I'll list it on the store for you!
Beyond that, oh, right... 
I'M GOING TO FLORIDA TODAY!!!
Yes, that's right.  This afternoon, I'm flying from New York to Miami, staying there for a few days, and then... on to Disney World!  It is rater possible that I could not be more excited.  I packed up last night, and Danny and I made our reservations for restaurants at Disney and such.  So splendid.  In Miami, we'll be staying with one of Danny's college buddies I have been wanting to meet for awhile, so that should be great.  The warm weather, fun and friends all sound appealing right now.  Always, really.

Most importantly, however, (cue cheesy music here), my life is lovely and pretty at the moment because of the amazing people around me.  My family, my boyfriend, and my friends.  The above picture shows part of my family sitting down for a meal on Christmas day- my Mom, Joan Buck, my Dad, Bob Buck, my sister, Julianna, my Grammy, Jean Hillegass, and my Grampop, Jack Hillegass.  Grampop is going into surgery today for his heart, and I'm nervous for him, as I always am for anyone going under a knife.  Even crazier, my Grampa, Bill Buck, is also having surgery today, to fix a herniated disk.  If you read this, and do any kind of praying, or even wishing of happy thoughts, please think of them today.
Thank you!!

All Photographs taken in West Grove, Pennsylvania, USA on Christmas Day
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment