Monday, November 1, 2010

An Umbrella Story

 

One of the wonderful things about living in New York City, is possessing the knowledge that you can do whatever you want.  Now, not quite whatever.  Some things are illegal and a lot of things are out of your price range.  But, if it's legal and cheap, you can do just about anything, anywhere.  No one will question you.  I've walked down the street wearing crazy costumes, trying to get into character before an acting class, and no one has said anything.  I've passed insanely famous celebrities on the street, sat next to them in restaurants, and even been in classes with them.  No one says anything.  

New Yorkers are way too cool. 

This means that, for example, you want to have an umbrella fight in the middle of the street, no one will say anything.  It's a free pass for fun.

The people pictured are my boyfriend, Daniel Garrison, my friend, Rob New, and me!  The photos I'm in were taken by Rob.  The first bunch of pictures were taken in Chinatown, the next couple in the East Village, and the last bunch on the Williamsburg Bridge.

Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment