Friday, November 26, 2010

Inspiration Fridays: Vintage Photographs

Lillian Russell, by Falk, NY

Ruth Page dancing the title role in The Birthday of the Infanta, a ballet-pantomime based on the short story by Oscar Wilde  (c.1920)

Dorothy Lamour, 1930s

 Unknown

 Actress Joan Bennett (1910-1990)

 Unknown (but check out that garter!!)

 Actress Mitzi Gaynor (b. 1931)

 Unknown, yet devastatingly romantic

 Laurence Olivier and Vivien Leigh in the Old Vic production of HamletKronborg Castle, Elsinore, Denmark.  1937

 Sergei Rachmaninoff’s hands

 Actress Paulette Goddard

Unknown
Unknown
Unknown

I feel really bad about having so many uncredited pictures in this post... if anyone knows any of the photographers/ subjects, please let me know!

But, these photos inspire me so much.  They are so refined, so passionate, so lovely... everything I want to be.  Everything I want my art to reflect.

I can only aspire to this.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment