Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Photographer Feature: Billy Brown


I'm a photographer/theater technician/student living in Hopewell, NJ, a town outside of Princeton. I originally started taking pictures of trains (a la trainspotting without the drugs), then I realized I can take photographs of other things! I know Emily from us working at Surflight Theatre last year. 

My photos can be found at http://www.hioo1.smugmug.com/


Through The Storm

As I said I start out with trains and I still love taking shots them from time to time, this was taken across the street from my house in Hopewell, NJ during one of the blizzards we had last winter. But I do love the color contrasting the almost white out conditions.


Theft on the Beach
Theft Long Beach Island

This is one of my favorite shots I have taken, so much so it is my desktop picture. It was taken at sunrise a block down from Surflight Theatre on Long Beach Island, NJ last year. I had been up all night building one of the shows and before heading to bed, saw this beautiful sunrise and I had to head to the beach to get some shots.


Under the Bridge
Under the Bridge

This one was taken in Austin, Texas under a bridge that carries the "Lady Bird Lake Trail" over said lake, which is a river. I don't get it either.


Juliet Sleeps
Juliet sleeps as Romeo fights for her

Being around theater so much, I love to take shots of shows I have worked on. This was taken at the Hopewell Valley Performing Arts Center during a production of Romeo and Juliet. In this scene, Juliet sleeps while Romeo and Paris fight in her tomb.


The New Yorker

This is a shot of the Empire State Building in New York with the New Yorker Hotel captioning the scene. I took this one a few weekends ago when I was walking out of the comic con and I knew needed this shot.


Hopewell, New Jersey, USA
Austin, Texas, USA
Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment