Monday, November 29, 2010

This Buffet Is Jumbo

 There it is.  The Jumbo China Buffet.  It's SO Jumbo that it has seafood, sushi, hibichi (hibachi?), salad, and Mexican food. Because no Chinese Buffet could ever be complete without Mexican food.  The two kind of go together like, well I don't know, two things that don't go together.  Oil and water.  
The best part... there actually wasn't any Mexican food there.
 That's Jenny Haebel and Donna Morris, being fun and silly, which they are a lot, which is one of the many reasons I love them.  They are the reason I ended up at the Jumbo Chinese Buffet.  Jenny and Donna both go to school in Kutztown, so I went up to visit for a night while I was in Pennsylvania in late October.  The three of us went to high school together, and though I don't see them very often, when I do see them, it's always a good time.
 Oh, yes.  This.  This is a close-up of part of the fountain in the entryway of the buffet.  To call this thing epic is an understatement of epic proportions.  It was totally ridiculous.  Little statues of all kinds of stuff covered the thing, and the color changing lights just made it even better.  I just... someone designed this.  Someone said, oh hey guys!  You kow what we need at the front of our restaurant?  A seven foot tall, miniature-covered, color-changing fountain!  DUH!
 Here's Jenny and Donna looking pretty (they are), enjoying their sodas and nummy foods (the food was good).
 This is a little more like it.
 And here's the full scale of the fountain! 
I can't even... what... why???...I mean LOOK!
Ah, Jumbo China Buffet (and Jenny and Donna).  Thanks for the adventure.

Kutztown, Pennsylvania, USA
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Well hello there sir! Thanks so much for the compliment about my blog! I appreciate it.

    Your blog is really nice... and you have way more followers/ page hits than I do, maybe you should be the one giving me comments and guidance :)

    Please stop by again sometime!!

    ReplyDelete